Article 1（Personal Information）
The term “personal information” refers to the “personal information” prescribed in Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information, which is defined as information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual, such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, and contact information, data pertaining to appearance, fingerprints, and voice print, as well as single pieces of information that can be used to identify a specific individual, such as a social insurance number on a health insurance card, etc. (personal identification information).
Article 2（How We Collect Personal Information）
When a user registers to use this service, KOHKEN FOOD & FLAVOR may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number. We may also collect information relating to transaction records and payment containing personal information on a user who has registered with one of our partners (information provider, advertiser, advertising distributor, etc. Hereinafter collectively referred to as “partners”).
Article 3（Our Purposes for Collecting and Using Personal Information）
KOHKEN FOOD & FLAVOR’s purposes for collecting and using personal information are as follows.
- To provide and manage our service.
- To answer inquiries from users (including identity verification).
- To send informative emails to users regarding new functions of the service they are
using, updated information, campaigns, and other services offered by our company.
- For necessary communication regarding maintenance and other important notices.
services for fraudulent purposes and deny such users access to our services.
- To enable users themselves to view, change, or delete their registered information,
or view their usage status.
- To invoice users for fees related to payable services.
- For purposes related to the abovementioned purposes of use.
Article 4（Changes to Purposes of Use）
- KOHKEN FOOD & FLAVOR may change the purposes of using personal
information only in cases where it is rationally recognized that the said change in purpose has relevance to the existing purpose of use.
- If the purpose of use is changed, we will notify the user of the changed content via
our predesignated method or disclose on our website.
Article 5（Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties）
- Excluding the below cases, KOHKEN FOOD & FLAVOR will not provide a third party with personal information without the prior consent of the user. Notwithstanding cases acknowledged in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws.
- To protect human life, health, or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent of the principal.
- To improve public health or promote the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the principal.
- Where necessary for cooperating with a national government, a local government, or a person or entity entrusted thereby in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and acquisition of the consent of the principal may impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
- If the following items have been notified or disclosed in advance, and submitted by KOHKEN FOOD & FLAVOR to the Personal Information Protection Commission.
- Purposes of use including provision to third parties.
- Data items we provide to third parties.
- Means or method of providing information to third parties.
- Cessation of personal information provision to a third party upon request by the user.
- Method of receiving user’s requests.
- If consigning all or a portion of the handling of personal information to a third party within the scope necessary to achieve our purposes of use.
- If personal information is provided in line with a merger or business succession due to other reasons.
- If using personal information jointly with a specific party, and the user has been notified in advance that there will be such joint usage, as well as the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of the joint usage with the said party, the purpose of the party’s usage, and the name or company name of the party responsible for the management of the said personal information; or such information is easily obtainable by the user.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- KOHKEN FOOD & FLAVOR shall disclose personal information without delay when requested to do so by the user. However, if disclosing the said information could result in one of the below outcomes, we may not disclose all or a part of the information. If we decide not to disclose information, we will inform the user of such without delay. We will request a handling fee of 1,000 JPY for each request to disclose personal information.
- If there is a risk that disclosure could be detrimental to the life, health, assets or other rights and interests of the user or third party.
- If there is a risk that disclosure could notably interfere with the adequate running of our operations.
- Other cases violating laws and regulations.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, as a general rule we do not disclose information other than personal information, such as information on transactional history or characteristics.
Article 7（Correction or Deletion of Personal Information）
- If a user notices that their personal information retained by our company is inaccurate, the user may request that we correct, add, or delete (hereinafter “corrections, etc.”) the personal information in line with our predetermined procedures.
- If we receive the aforementioned request from a user and deem it necessary, we will make the corrections, etc. to the said personal information without delay.
- If we have made corrections, etc. in line with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or have decided not to make corrections, etc., we shall notify the user without delay.
Article 8（Suspension of Personal Information Usage, etc.）
- If KOHKEN FOOD & FLAVOR are requested by the user to suspend usage of or erase personal information on the grounds that the said personal information is being handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use or was obtained via unlawful means, we will carry out the necessary investigation without delay.
- If we deem it necessary to meet such a request based on the results of the aforementioned investigation, we will suspend use of, or erase, the said personal information without delay.
- If we do suspend use of, or erase, personal information in accordance with the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or if we decide against such action, we will inform the user without delay.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding two paragraphs, if it is difficult to suspend use of, or erase, information due to incurring a high cost, etc., we will take alternative measures necessary to protect a user’s rights and interests, when such a measure is feasible.
- Excluding items prescribed by laws/regulations or otherwise stated in this policy, the content of this policy is subject to change without prior notice to the user.
- Unless otherwise stated by KOHKEN FOOD & FLAVOR, any updated versions of this policy are effective from the time they are posed on this website.
Please direct any inquiries regarding this policy to the below division.
Department in charge: Global Division
Company name: Kohken Food & Flavor Co.,Ltd.
Address: 916 Nippa-cho, Kohoku-ward, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan ZIP 223-0057
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org